Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wednesday’s Word






I Can See Clearly Now
“When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ my heart said to You, Your face, Lord, I will seek.” Psalm 27:8

Welcome to Wednesday’s Word with Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your favorite break-time beverage, and your Strand of Faith, and let’s go tie some knots in our strand of faith. I don’t know about you, but I yearn to see things more clearly.

I woke up to the sound of rain and my mind filled with dread. It was event day and though we had heard about these storms coming, I had prayed that He would hold them back, not let them interfere with people coming to our Night of Purpose. I sat up and willed myself to begin the day on a positive foot, to step down in faith and not let this rain consume me. I actually love the rain; it’s one of my favorite writing ambiances, but NOT TODAY, my mind screamed! My husband’s words of “I’m not going to drive all the way to Chino in this rain” threatened to send me back upstairs to bed…but I slowly descended the stairs one stair at a time, my only goal: The Keurig coffee maker!

My husband made it first and I got distracted by my phone, which is normally off but it was going off! So I dared to look at it and the first message: “I’m sorry but if it’s pouring down rain tonight, we will not be coming.”

See, Lord! I told you if it’s raining people aren’t going to want to come, let alone make any effort to come.

I got my coffee and went into my writing room, the place where I sit still with Him daily. Again, my daily devotional is talking about seeking His face…but all I can see is the rain! I kept reading and something turned the light on in the darkness of my soul:  “I am the goal of all your searching. When lesser goals capture your attention, I fade into the background of your mind.”

BINGO! The light is on; somebody’s home. The possibility of rain, as well as other concerns, worked like an invisible hand moving my head in the direction of my fears and away from His face!

Here’s another a-ha that my soul received and one for your to check out for yourself: many scriptures speak of His glory when referring to His face, reminding us that because of His glory we can’t really see His face so could it be that in ALL things He just longs for us to long for His will, His glory which is revealed when we seek His presence?

Oh, my goodness, I get so excited when His word comes alive in my life! Oh, and by the way, He did hold back the rain – it was supposed to rain all day – and we had an amazing event with 17 new sign-ups for our next Trench Class! That has NEVER happened before and I know that I know why it happened: Because I sat in His presence and saw His glory and He changed my heart and I can see clearly now!

Love,
Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment