Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday’s Mantra




Hurrying up to Wait

Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. It’s Monday’s Mantra! Grab your coffee or your favorite break-time beverage and join me.

I was going to ask you if you have ever had to wait for something, but then I thought how silly of me; of course you have! Everyone has had to wait for one thing or another, and the intensity of the wait, I think is defined by the intensity of the thing we are waiting for. Does that make sense? Now, there are the everyday things we wait for: waiting in line at the grocery store, at the bank, the gas station, fast-food place, and even in restaurants we wait for them to come take our order. How do you handle the waiting? While technology has crippled us in some ways, I have to say I’ve learned to make good use of my handy-dandy cell phone; it’s like having an office in my hands…at my fingertips. I might check my email, return an email, send out an encouraging text message as someone comes to mind, or even play a quick game of solitaire or candy crush! This makes the waiting so much more productive and much less irritating…unless I’m getting my butt kicked in a game of course! J

But what about those real life-changing things we wait for: a grade from a test, a job, a promotion, a diagnosis, a cure? And many times there’s a not-so-obvious thing we wait for…others to change. Now that’s some serious waiting. How do we wait?

Well, as I write this, from my heart to yours, I am actually waiting for an MRI result for my husband. For the most part, I’ve done okay before the MRI, but as the hours slipped by ever so slowly after the MRI, which was done on an emergency basis, by the way, I became a bit derailed in my waiting, wanting to go to any other waiting room in life but this one. The anxiety came and went, and as the day ended with no answer, my anxiety lessened because of knowing WHO I wait with.

Over and over His Word would dance into my mind, beating on the doors of my heart: I know the plans I have for you (Jer. 29:11)The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. Do not be discouraged or dismayed (Deut. 31:8)In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome them all! (John 16:33). Coffee Hour friend, can you see what I see? Do you see what these three (and any other promise) has in common? HE’S WAITING WITH US! We do not wait alone!

So in the waiting rooms of life, whatever they may be, the waiting is made easier when we remember WHO waits with us! I truly believe that WHO we wait with definitely affects what we wait for and how we wait for it!
Waiting,

Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment