Friday, January 27, 2017

Faith Filled Fridays


Hello and welcome back everyone to Faith Filled Friday. How's everyone doing out there? I really mean that. How are you? I often wonder about people I see walking to a destination or driving on a road to come to the same red light and wait, driving the same bridge as our minds mindlessly ponder many things. Have you ever pulled up to someone and watch their expressions as they sit and wait? I see so many different facial expressions and feelings on people's faces when I do this. Something in me wants to reach out and just ask: "How are you?" I love it when someone takes the time to ask that of me. I often feel that so many people have something truly burdening them, yet they still function day to day. I myself admit to being one of these people. So are we controlled by our fears? Again I find myself admitting that yes I am one of these people. 

I once read: "Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." I often wonder what my life would be like if I could just jump over the things that developed these fears within me. What would it be like to enjoy a new epiphany of freedom and happiness? Is this the kind that our God above would love to see us live and explore?
It has taken me years of this life to understand more of just what kind of love God has for us. I find a freedom and happiness knowing that I never have to question God like I used to; that his freedom and ultimate happiness is with us. If God can love us, shouldn't we be able to love ourselves?

This year I am already taking on new tasks like learning how to organize time and certain aspects of my life a little better, things that might not be incredibly life-changing as much as they are more life-helping. So far I have found a lot of happiness in it and, yes, even a freedom in it.

Join me in praying this week that we may find the strength to take the smallest of steps because I suspect that when we look back, we just may find that they were bigger than we originally thought and recognize the beautiful bridge that spans the in-between of heart and soul.

Much love and heartfelt freedom, everyone!

John Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment