Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday’s Mantra




Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. I’m incredibly grateful that you chose to join us for Monday’s Mantra. Grab your coffee, or whatever you’re having, and grab your Strand of Faith © and let’s go tie some knots in our faith together.

Have you ever had to be reminded of something over and over again? I really hate that feeling of forgetfulness which in a split second turns to frustration. Do you know what I’m talking about? When I think back on the recent times this has happened, it usually has something to do with humility! 

Without going into explicit details, I’ve had this “issue” and of course it involves another person; how could it not?! J But for years, I’ve determined in my heart that they were the problem and recently I discovered that I am actually a big part of the problem too! Oh, the sting is still there as I write this and yet, there is hope for this particular situation, now that this has been unveiled and become my truth. Oh, that word just reminded me of something and we must take this little detour: Did you know that one of the translations for truth in Hebrew means “unveiled truth”? See, what my truth is for me may not be your truth, but if one is earnestly seeking our Father for truth, He is faithful and just to unveil it for us…and when that unveiling happens, humility swoops down, ever so gently to clean up the mess that living a lie left.

Maybe that explains it for though I’ve had many lessons in the classroom of life on this very deep subject, I’ve come to realize that humility is like an ocean…never-ending. It’s like a must in the tool-belt of life, a condiment to have in all conversations and interactions. Humility, like an ocean, can soothe the hurting soul of both the giver and receiver. Humility has the power to ease tension, to crash into walls and bring them down, to build bridges where there is a chasm.  Humility is accepted everywhere all the time. What if…we were to humble ourselves in times of frustration, and just give the other person the benefit of the doubt, reminding ourselves that they are doing the best that they can with their truth? Oh, Coffee Hour Friend, then we would be walking scripture!  1ST Peter 3:To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit…” and “walk humbly with your God.”Micah 6:8c

Walking humbly,

Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment