Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday’s Mantra








What Do You See When You Look at Me?


Welcome to Monday’s Mantra @ Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. I’m delighted you could join us for a bit of encouragement for the journey. Grab your break-time drink and your strand of faith and let’s go tie some knots together.

When asked if you know someone, and you don’t really remember if you do, usually we ask what they look like, right? Or when a guy or girl is going to meet a possible candidate for a date for the first time at the insistence of a “caring” friend who wants to set them up, usually the first question out of their mouth is, “What do they look like?” Oh, I just had another thought: what do people see when they look at me and how do they describe me? Yikes…let’s not go there! J J J

Have you ever wondered what Jesus looks like? We know Hollywood paints him as a guy with close-to-shoulder-length brownish hair, a beard to match, prominent cheek bones, beautiful gently piercing eyes and an incredible smile. I really don’t buy into the depictions of others as far as what He looks like, but maybe it’s time I start seeking His face more.  “When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ my heart said to You, Your face, Lord, I will seek.” Psalm 27:8

Too many times to count I’ve ready scriptures that instruct on seeking His face and to be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever taken any scripture concerning this subject literally. I mean, it’s not like He’s a stranger to me, but how can we seek His face when we don’t really know what He looks like?

And then it hits me…it’s not His appearance you’re seeking, silly, but His presence! Ohhhh, ding, ding, ding! The light is on!

Abba, teach me how to seek Your face as I strive to turn off the distractions that often interfere with my vision of your presence!

Love,

Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment