Friday, February 3, 2017

Faith Filled Friday






Guess what day it is? Faith Filled Friday; it certainly is.
Ok. I really have to be honest here. I have become growingly weary of hearing the political bantering and hate being spewed. The level it has reached has really been affecting me. So much so, that I had put FB in the backseat for a while. Then I realized I really do love social media. So I came back and just started un-following people. I don't want to discount people or their opinions but I started noticing that it was causing me a lot of anxiety. It was disrupting my own journey toward happiness and peace which I already struggle with. I don't have to absorb it, at least not if I have the choice.

So as hard as it was, one, by one, I began clicking the button to un-follow friends. I love everyone, but it's like people have become un-hinged and can't help but project hate and hostility towards one another. 

I have to admit making this decision has made me feel better. It is nice to enjoy some peace. Funny that although social media is a lot of typed words, when you shut off that hateful energy how much more quiet things seem to evolve around us. Peace is surely becoming more and more valuable the older I become. I want to not only see the beauty out there, but ultimately feel it. Take the time to touch it, smell it, fall asleep appreciating that it was part of my day and just one piece to the puzzle of the day behind me.

It just crossed my mind..."Back to Breathing," which, for me, means to stay the course toward happiness. Let's dare to step back and let go of the pride-motivated hate and take every chance we get to steady our compasses toward what we really want internally from this life. 

Much love

John

No comments:

Post a Comment