Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wednesday’s Word




IT’S ALIVE

Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United! I’m delighted you chose to take the time to join us today for our Wednesday’s Word. Grab your coffee, or your favorite break-time beverage, and your Strand of Faith and let’s go tie some knots together, remembering that the more knots in our faith, the less likely we will come all unraveled in times of trouble!

Recently I was asked to become a part of our “Discover” team at our church, which is a class that helps others discover how they can have a closer, deeper relationship with Jesus as well as discovering their gifts and strengths so they can help others do the same. It’s a way to pay it forward, if you know what I mean. After all, why would we want to keep what we learn to ourselves?

Our first homework assignment was – well, let me just say it was a good dose of humility for me. We were to read Philippians 4:4-13, and do a few things, like read it to self, then aloud, and then circle words that stand out, and just really digest the scripture to understand what it’s speaking to each of us. I have memorized three different segments of this particular passage last year, but I have not, at least in the last year, put them all together.

What is mind-boggling and confirming all at the same time is this truth: SCRIPTURE IS ALIVE! See, I’d read this portion of scripture many times, and I mean many times; however, I have never read it in the context I received it this time. See, in Philippians 4:12, Paul is talking about the ability to be content during all circumstances, times of plenty, scarcity, times of joy and times of struggle, and then he says: I can do all things through Christ who  strengthens me. “

Now you may be scratching your head wondering, yeah, so what’s your point? Well, undoubtedly I have used this verse over and over in my life as a sort of Ninja verse, you know one of those power verses I say aloud for my own ears to hear while the words plant in my heart and come out in my actions and then I proceed to overcome whatever challenge. And it’s not that that has been wrong, per say; it’s just I discovered this time an even greater power behind this verse. Are you ready? When those waves of tragedy, trial and torment threaten to overwhelm us, this verse is promising that we will not be overwhelmed by these things; rather, we can get through ALL things through Him who strengthens us.  To me that is even more powerful than using it like a champion trying to maintain his/her championship status.

This is more assurance that no matter what happens, how it happens, when it happens, because He is in me, I will get through whatever comes my way! Now, that’s a power punch!

Thrilled by His promises,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment