Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday’s Word



                                        Clinging to His Promises



Isaiah 66:9: Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?” says the Lord; “shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?” says your God. (ESV)

Thanks so much for joining me for Wednesday’s Word & Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your strand of faith because wow, do we have a knot to tie today!
Last week I transparently shared my heart about the publisher of three of my four books going out of business. As I begin this blog, I am a bit convicted about my selfishness. I mean, geez, I’m not the only one affected, right? I don’t know how many employees they have, but I know it’s many, and the number of authors is even more than that. So as I imagine the Domino effect, my heart is sad for all of us.

But it still doesn’t change my predicament, and the feeling of having the rug ripped right out from underneath me. So what do I do with that? Oh, but His Word comes through again to splash perspective and beauty on something that’s hard to understand and definitely not pretty.
You might look at this verse that I’ve chosen and think, what in the world does this have to do with anything she’s talking about, or anything that I’m going through? Ha, I’m glad you asked! See, the Word is alive, and speaks to us differently, but perfectly for our individuality. Let me explain.

I was having coffee with a girlfriend, something we try to do at least once a month, and we were getting caught up the details of each other’s life, each of us concerned about the other. When I explained to her what had been a bit of a focus while knocking me off balance, she pulled out her phone and within seconds says: “Then this is perfect for you”!

My mouth dropped as I read this particular translation of Isaiah 66:9:


My heart almost immediately changed directions, and now waits to see what will be born from something that is dying! What is the new that He will bring forth from the old?  Perhaps this is where we get the phrase, when one door closes, another opens.  What about you, Coffee Hour Friend, what needs to die so that something new is born? Is there a door closing in on you? Can you take His promises to the bank and trust He’s got a better plan?

There’s one thing we can always count on to never let us down and always lift us up: HIS PROMISES!
Looking for new birth,


Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment