Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday’s Mantra





Welcome to Monday’s Mantra & Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your favorite break-time drink and your Strand of Faith and let’s go talk about a different kind of love not always found in a “Valentine.”

I remember when Valentine’s Day used to be my least favorite day – and that’s putting it mildly. Watching friends get flowers, teddy-bears, Valentines of varying degrees was like a finger pointing at me, mocking me for my lack of a Valentine. I was in my SOS (season of singleness) and as I look back on it now, I’m so, so grateful for that season! Of course, in the beginning of it, I wasn’t so comfortable because I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin, let alone the mere thought of living alone for always. Through a number of years, counseling, education, and even through writing, God has spoken this very truth to me to free me from the wrong placement of my need of others:

You can’t connect with others healthily when you are disconnected from yourself!
Could it be that we need to really believe that in order to be someone, we don’t have to have someone, because we have The One…whose love never fails. For many of us, that truth hasn’t quite made the 12-inch leap from head to heart, but can I encourage you to begin, if you haven’t already, to fall in love with the One who will never leave you or forsake you? You can’t experience true love until God becomes your first love…then you won’t fall out of love!
1st John, 4:16 tells us that in order to experience true love, we must know (by experience) and believe the love that God has for us. Whose love do you abide in?
Thoughtfully,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment