Friday, December 8, 2017

Faith Filled Fridays


Beloved, grab a warm cup of coffee and sit with me. I want to share with you a struggle I’ve been faced with this week, so thank you in advance for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.

Okay. So there is something coming up that has been making me antsy, uncomfortable, and, to be honest, quiet cranky.
All the things that have been plaguing my mind and causing me so much discord are All Complete Lies from the enemy. Funny thing, I didn’t even recognize that all of this chaos that has been plaguing my mind is the schemes of the enemy.

John 10:10 says: “The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”

As I sat this morning with the Lord, I found myself complaining, pleading, begging, and flat-out telling him: “Jesus, I don’t want to!”
Honestly, this complaint went on for a few minutes, I believe the Lord was letting me get it out. I was telling him all the lies that had been fed to me and He listened. He is so gracious to us.
Psalm 116:2: “Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath.”
Don’t you love that picture, Him bending down listening while we complain…or pray?

What’s so beautiful is that He didn’t address one single lie I complained to Him about. No, He didn’t address them because they were lies. You know what He did? He reminded me of what I am called to do. I am called to Love! Not by my strength, my might, or my courage. No, that I would seek His strength, might, courage, and His magnificent Love as He reminds us in Leviticus 19:18: "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”

Am I excited for this upcoming event? Honestly, no. But, I will lean deeply into the Father and seek His love for He calls us to the unknown to share His perfect love. We may not understand His ways, but I know he sees and knows far greater than I do, so I will trust and know that I am not alone.
Again, there’s scripture to back this truth up!  Joshua1:9: “This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

I am learning to check my emotions and thoughts and line them up with truth. The enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy and he will use anyone or any event to cause you to get caught up in the lies he’s feeding your vulnerable heart. I encourage you to gird your heart and mind with word of God and let His truth seep in and remove all the lies.

Gripped in His Marvelous Grace,


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment