Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wednesday’s Word


Bath time was such a fun time when we were parenting our little Bryden…a time when we played, splashed, giggled and in between all of that we snuck in some rub-a-dub scrubbing in the tub time!

Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
It had only been a week since their last bath, but they were beginning to stink and every time I pet them, I could feel the dirt on their fur. So in the midst of my already planned-out day, I determined to wash both Sparky and Alvin. I always begin by taking off their collar so I started with Sparky. By the time I picked him up he was shaking pathetically but still very compliant.
I began to rinse him with the spray nozzle and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The water was literally brown, like solid brown! I shook my head in disbelief, and a little disgust when I realized I had let him sleep on my bed last night! Ugh, now I need to change my sheets. This cleaning was revealing the need for more cleaning.
As I lathered him up, and the soap turned a light brown, it struck me that bitterness and un-forgiveness is much like this: it’s hard to see at first but the more settled it gets and the more is seeps into our heart, soul and mind, the less we notice it…until one day it just begins to stink and the dirt oozes out and into a lot of our relationships.
We’ve got to get to that point of desiring to let it go and let Him wash us white as snow. Oh, what a feeling when we do let it go. There is a sense of freedom, an ability to move about our world so much easier, just like my little Sparky after a bath who dances around and truly smiles from the feeling of being cleansed.
And the beautiful thing about the One who cleanses us…He’ll do it over and over and over again!
Love,
Evinda

P.S. Join me today at 6:00 PST for our F.B. Live to talk about the reasons we have a hard time connecting with family over the holidays because of disconnection.


No comments:

Post a Comment