Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday’s Mantra



I was so frustrated! I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing, but no matter how hard I tried, I always fell short. “Why doesn’t God ever let me win?” I whined to my friend Mike, who composedly observed my outburst. “Megan, God is not a cosmic vending machine,” Mike stringently responded.

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

God is not a cosmic vending machine … at the time those words pierced my heart.  It took me many years and many encounters, in the trenches with the Lord, to fully grasp the significance of Mike’s response.

As new Christians, we are filled with enthusiasm until reality sets in and we realize life is hard. It is at this point new Christians become vulnerable and turn away from God due to unrealistic expectations. This is why it is imperative, when one accepts Christ as their savior, to accept Christ as defined by the Bible and not by a personal definition of who one thinks He is.

In Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes, “I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me: placing you in situations where your strengths are irrelevant and your weaknesses are glaringly evident…you have realized that needing Me is the key to knowing Me intimately, which is the gift above all gifts.”

Everything does not have to perfect for us to find God in it. We can find God’s goodness in the broken as well as in the pristine. Brokenness brings increased fruitfulness, for God uses those who are broken.

For a brief moment I am going to pretend God is a cosmic vending machine, and with a prayer on my heart for us all, I’m going to push buttons H1 for …

Happy Endings!

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan


P.S. Join us this Wednesday at 6:00 pm PST for our F.B. Live with Evinda to talk about how to connect…despite disconnection at family get-togethers for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment