Friday, December 29, 2017

Faith Filled Friday






Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Coffee Hour Friend. Come grab a warm cup of coffee and sit with me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.

 Last Friday I shared about stopping to give thanks to God even through our busy days. Well, God reminded me to do this last week during a difficult time, and boy it was a beautiful blessing.
My next week was filled with discord between me and hubby. It seemed we were bickering or disagreeing over every little thing. These small arguments would ignite anger or frustration from my hubby, which then ignited the same attitude from me. This is not how God calls me to respond in these kinds of situations, but instead of acting as God calls me to, I acted in my flesh which never brings any good to any situation. Colossians 4:6 says: “Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond.”
Looking back, I am thankful, not for the constant disagreements I was having, but that Jesus perfectly provided for my every need. He gave me specific scriptures to my situation. These scriptures were on having peace with one another, no matter the situation. 
1 Corinthians 12:25 AMP says: …”so that there would be no division or discord in the body {that is, lack of adaptation of the parts to each other}, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.”
Let me tell you, allowing my flesh to be bathed in these very scriptures wasn’t an easy feat. It took an abundance of being before the Lord in prayer and meditating on the scriptures His Spirit placed on my heart. Each day, I would lay me and my imperfections down, and ask God to change me, and to help me show love and compassion to my hubby. Doing this each day brought me a new peace, mercy, grace, and forgiveness for my hubby.  
Romans 14:19, the amplified version was another great reminder which convicted and confirmed me: “So then, let us pursue {with enthusiasm} the things which make for peace and the building up one another {things which lead to spiritual growth}.”
As I submitted the disagreements and discord between my hubby and I to the Lord, my frustration and anger began to dwindle. In other words, I in my flesh began to decrease as He in me increased. I realized that the enemy is out prowling and feasting on all who are vulnerable. We were perfect targets for the enemy to wreak havoc on.  He may have won the first battle, but we won the war through Jesus Christ who sustains and protects us.
 Is there discord between you and someone, your spouse, sibling, friend, co-worker? Remember who’s behind this, whose desire is to build walls and cause division. Stand up against the enemy, rebuking him and his lies in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.  I pray these verses above would be a great comfort to your heart. The hurt may be great, but I urge you to lay this hurt at the foot of the cross and let Jesus deal with your heart and the other person as He sees fit. Praise Him, for you aren’t alone in this battle; Jesus is right beside you every step of the way.
 I pray as families gather for the holiday season, we’d all go before the Lord and ask for an extra dose of grace and mercy for our loved ones.
Love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment