Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tuesday’s Trench Truth


I was in the gym the other day and couldn’t help but hear a conversation two guys were having…about their wives! And I thought we as women were the only ones who vented!
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and a moment of truth with Trench Classes United.
The first thing I heard one of them say is: “My wife is so f-ing selfish, man!”
I think I must have looked like a deer caught in a pair of glaring headlights, because as soon as he said it, he caught my expression and immediately bent down to avoid my staring. I didn’t mean to look so dumbfounded. It just kind of caught me off guard.  For the rest of my workout, I tried desperately to not listen to their conversation as they both began to “vent” about their wives.
This was a double-edged sword for me, because I’ve been known to “vent” about many things, including my husband, but seeing this with my own eyes, hearing these things with my own ears, well, it was like putting the shoe on the other foot, knowing this could easily be my husband saying this. I mean my husband most certainly could call me selfish.
The truth is everyone needs someone to vent to, but there’s a difference between venting and vomiting!
If we can’t say what we’re venting to the one we’re venting about, perhaps we shouldn’t say it.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Truthfully,
Evinda

P.S. Join me this Wednesday at 6:00 PST for our F.B. Live to discover a taste of what you’re missing in the trenches.


No comments:

Post a Comment