Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nana Holds From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to join me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power. Grab your coffee and let’s go party!
So it wasn’t just the timing of the event colliding with Bryden’s birthday that kept it simple, but our desire to not send a mixed/wrong message to this incredible three-year-old. So we planned a birthday dinner and I just know that the guests who came were his favorite people: Grandma and Tauntie Bre, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lauren and of course his cousins Dillan & Ty-Ty and then Papa and Nana.
We shared a meal, laughter, conversation, all of our attention focused on Bryden, and each other. We were all there for the same reason, to celebrate the gift of Bryden, but deep down inside, I was celebrating so much more. I loved just watching it all, the happy and easy chatter of family loving on family, the innocence and joy shared among the three little ones in between yummy bites of Mexican food who were so excited to be together again.
The moments we shared at dinner squeezed my heart with a genuine thankfulness for all that we had come through. It’s because I do look back that I can appreciate my present even more. There is something about looking back on the pain and struggle that make the victory all the more sweet; don’t you think?
After dinner, we came home and had birthday cake, ice cream and a few presents. It was just the right balance of everything, not too much and not too little. In the years to come, I hope and pray that when Bryden looks back on this birthday, his heart will burst forth with a smile that only the experience of the greatest gift, love, can bring.
And though there are no pictures to memorialize this event because they were on my phone which was crushed on the freeway, the memories are etched into the deepest parts of my heart, coming to surface every now and then as I relive these precious moments of Nana Holds and helping to put so many other pieces of my life into perspective!
Join me tomorrow for the continuation of the journey in this season of Nana Holds.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment