Friday, September 20, 2013

Nana Holds From Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
Happy day to you! I’m so glad you could stop by and share this time with me. We are now in the month of March of this year, so we are beginning to fast-forward, hopefully! Grab your coffee and come on in.
Life went back to its routine for us all: Me with CPM and the uphill climb in obtaining the non-profit status, as well as every other aspect necessary in learning how to navigate in ministry as well as court-reporting — because it’s expensive to be me — Papa went back to the routine of work, albeit not so happy, and Bryden was back in school, growing in more ways than one.
In the hum-drum of life, the routine of it all, something happened that was out of my routine, something that awakened the eyes of my heart to a whole new level of love for this little boy. It was a Sunday after church and after our breakfast/lunch and our grocery shopping. It was naptime and normally Bryden naps in his bed but today was different. He wanted to “sweep” in Nana and Papa’s bed. But that wasn’t all he wanted. “Way wif me, Papa.” Well, Papa had no problem with that at all because he’s a big believer in naptime, especially Sundays! But when that sweet little voice beckoned to me, asking me to “come way wif” him, despite all the things I felt I had to do, I tossed all my prior reasoning to the wind and I did just that.
This is what I wrote in my journal: “Cuddling with Bryden brought my ‘something’ down and all I wanted to do was just lie down and stay there!”
I remember it now as if it were yesterday. I may have even shared this moment with you but this is the time in the journey that it happened. I hope you won’t mind as I rewind and re-live one of the sweetest moments with him. He was real squirmy, and he kept wanting to talk. After several shushes Papa got a bit firm and told Bryden to close his eyes or he was going to put him in his bed.
Bryden turned to look at me, his eyes wide open, and totally not ready for sleep! He began to whisper to me: “Nana, you know what?”
“What?”
“I wuv you.”
“I love you too, Bryden, all the way to heaven and back.”
He continued to whisper silly nonsensical things and I put my finger over my mouth to signal him to be quiet. Then I pointed to my eye, then my heart, then to him. He did the same. Then I leaned over and very gently and ever so slowly, I kissed each eye, kissed my finger and put it to his cute little lips and motioned for him to close his eyes.
What he did next is probably what brought that ‘something’ down: He mirrored my actions to the T! Then he whispered, “Do it again, Nana.”
I did, and then when he did it again, this time there were tears running down my face, happy tears, tears that only the love of a child could bring out to wash my face and heart.
Thanks for letting me share again. Join me Monday for more moments of Nana Holds, from . . . Kauai!
Love from above,
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!
Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment