Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9th, 2013

Nana Holds-from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
EL pen Logo with heart
It’s so good to be with you today and back in our Nana Holds series. Grab your coffee and let’s go figure out where we left off.
Oh, that’s right, we were almost done with determining how badly infected we are from this relationship infection, which I was sharing about at our last event. Whew, okay. So we have only three more symptoms to look at. Before I do, I just want to share a current moment with you that every time I think about it, and no matter where I am emotionally, it makes me smile and look up. It’s one of those moments that can reel me in when I’ve gone off track, down depression road and it pulls me up before I hit that dead-end.
I was standing at the kitchen sink rinsing dishes and Bryden was in the living room. We had the stereo on – KSGN, by the way – and Bless the Lord, Oh My Soul came on. Well that is a song that Bryden sings to every time he hears it. If you have a little one, have you ever been stunned by their ability to sing a song you didn’t know they knew? Well, that moment happened previous to this one, and it’s another moment in this journey I’ll treasure into eternity. Anyway, the song came on and he looked at me and I looked at him. Joy filled those big brown eyes and spread onto his sweet little face and he said, “Nanna, come dance wif me.”
Let me tell you, the old me would have said not now; I’m busy, but the transformed me shut that water off so fast and I nearly ran to the living room to dance with this amazing three-year old. And as I was getting to where he was, he stepped up to the stereo and very confidently and matter-of-factly turned it up and I mean loud!
I took his hands and we went around and around, and then I picked him up to the beat of the chorus and then let him
Nana Holds 2-23-13
Nana Holds 2-23-13
down and lifted my arms in praise, singing the words of the song. I looked down at him to see him doing exactly as I was doing: lifting his arms and singing. Have you ever seen a three year old raising his hands, going in a circle while singing the words to a praise and worship song? Oh, what a picture we must have made, a picture that I didn’t get captured in a camera, but one which I will treasure in my heart forever, and draw from when I need to smile in this journey.
I hope you don’t mind that little detour. I figured we’ve been talking about such serious stuff and we need to lighten it up whenever we can. But I will return to the whole meat and meaning of this relationship infection for He has used this precious little boy to lead me to the cure that has led me to such beautiful moments like the one I just shared!
We’ll pick up there on Wednesday, but be sure and come back for our time tomorrow; I have a special invitation for you!
Have an amazing day.
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

P.S. Join us for our Blog Talk Radio Show at 1:00 Pacific Time today for more chatting about breaking free from this relationship infection and daring to have healthy relationships! And if you can’t join at 1:00, you can log in anytime. Here’s the link: www.Blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power
P.S. Happy, happy birthday, Leigh… We miss you so much and hold you in our hearts and prayers always. Praying HE will entwine our journeys again, soon…. Enjoy your day; celebrating you!
Share and Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment