Monday, September 30, 2013

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @Chicklit Power

Nana Holds from Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power…
Thanks so much for joining me again today for a little break from the hustle and bustle of life. I feel revived and refreshed after seven days on my favorite island of Kauai and I can’t wait to share with you some more life-changing moments that have happened and continue to happen in this season of Nana Holds. Come with me to Vegas.
So it’s Saturday afternoon and we have attended the first half day of the business seminar we came to check out and have had lunch with a super nice guy. We had called Jene and Bryden earlier, a couple of times to check in and say hi, but she didn’t answer so we just left a message and continued on with our day.
I am finally feeling like we are starting to connect just a little bit and it feels like a brand new light bulb is slowly coming to life inside of me. I am beginning to warm up to him and vice versa. We even had a good talk about the challenges, struggles and triumphs of this responsibility for Bryden and the conversation ended on a very good note for two reasons: Like I said I had openly confessed to turning that corner and resolved to focus on the beautiful things coming from this season. But number two was the shock of George’s confession; that this was a difficult time for him as well. I was stunned into silence. Imagine, me without words!
When he confessed how hard it was for him, how tired he was, it was like the rusty old locks all around my heart began to loosen, one by one, and before I knew it, the love I have for him was spilling out and forcing those locks off. It wasn’t that I enjoyed his weakness; rather, I saw his honest vulnerability as a sign of strength, a link that connected us in a way that we hadn’t connected since this whole thing began.
We made our way back to the afternoon session of the business seminar and I right by him. I guess that’s why I was able to detect something was up when he pulled out his vibrating phone with a startled look.
“Hello?” He looked up at me and mouthed the word “Bryce.”
I didn’t think anything of it . . . at first. That is until I heard him say “What in the heck did you do?” My antenna shot up like a sergeant reporting for duty and George was already standing up, heading out of the seminar and out to the foyer. I followed him, because my intuition told me I should, especially as I caught the look on my husband’s face. He was obviously very, very upset.
I’ll pick up from right here when we return to this series. In the meantime, please join me tomorrow for Invitation Tuesdays and some insight into our upcoming event. Also, join us for Blog Talk Radio, our computer radio show that is like free counseling for thirty minutes! www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power
Thankful for His redemption,
Evinda
Nana Holds!
Nana Holds!

Share and Enjoy:
  • email
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment