Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday’s Mantra


Live Like You Believe!

Wow, these Mondays seem to be running together! Time’s flying so push the pause button on the rest of your day, and join me for a few minutes for Monday’s Mantra and Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Come on; we’re going to the airport!

I had been anxious all morning, despite getting everything done. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, let alone wrap my mind on what I was feeling. It was as if I was on auto pilot. I mean if you were to open my mind, you wouldn’t know which trail to take because there’s so much going on in there! I guess that’s why I require longer “quiet times” with Abba, because it takes a lot to quiet my mind but oh, how beautiful it is when that finally happens and I am still and experiencing God (Psalm 46:10). By the way, did you know that “know” in this verse, “Be still and know that I am God” translates to experience with your inner being! There are amazing diamonds in the scriptures! J

Anyway, so my love loaded up the car with my suitcase, my carry-on and of course our four-legged children. I was fretting a little bit about not being able to take my four-legged little girl. She’s gotten so old suddenly and I know she has a hard time when I’m not around. Oops, I’m detouring again, sorry.

As we pulled up to the Southwest curbside in Ontario, I was greeted by a very nice guy who proceeded to take my luggage, asked my last name and where I was going. I already had my boarding pass on my phone but by the time I made it to the counter, he had already printed it, and I just loved his great attitude; I didn’t have the heart to tell him I didn’t need the one he printed.
I looked behind me and George was walking towards me with my carry-on. I met him halfway. He let the handle go and wrapped me in his arms. His eyes caught mine and suddenly, I felt pools of tears threatening to overspill. I turned and buried my face in his chest.
“What’s wrong?”
“I don’t like traveling without you.” My anxiety had caught up with me, and I realized I truly was anxious about going alone – I’m getting better at flying but the truth is I still get nervous -- but that wasn’t all. I also realized something that actually rendered me happy to be sad: I really didn’t want to go without him! This was/is truly a miracle considering the last two years, an incredibly tough season, and we are actually still going through it but hopefully we are at the tail end. We are beginning to see a light at the end of what was once a very dark tunnel. Oops, there I go, getting distracted again!
He held my face between his hands and again looked right at me.  “You go and have a good time with the kids, okay?”

My throat was so full of tears, I couldn’t speak.

“Okay?” he repeated.
I nodded affirmatively. He hugged me to him one more time and then turned to walk back to the car. I ran after him, actually right past him, and quickly gave each of our four-legged children a hug and a kiss, closed the door, said good-bye and kept my head down so he couldn’t see the tears that were now escaping my throat and pouring out. I went behind the wall, took off my glasses and just let them fall, all the way down to the ground.

Without warning, I actually started to go down Panic Place, but then a Power greater than I tugged on my mind, reminding me of the pastor’s message from last Sunday entitled “This Changes Everything.” He went on to share that we are limited by our beliefs, and if we don’t believe that Jesus resurrected, where does that leave us?  He was speaking about the gospel truth, that because of the death of Christ, His resurrection and ascension into heaven, He left us with the gift of His Spirit.
Now, I don’t know about you, but when someone gives me a gift, though it may be sometimes awkward to accept, I take it and appreciate it. How do I show appreciation? By using it, if it’s something to use, and if it’s not, but rather something to just look at, I put it where I can see it often.

If we have truly accepted the gift of Christ into our hearts and lives, the gift of grace, then we need to realize that that gift comes with a gift: that of the Spirit to do life with. That truth begs this question: Do I live like I believe… His Spirit is in me? Doesn’t the Word tell me that greater is He that is in me than He who is in the world? (1st John 4:4)

I dried my eyes, but what I wouldn’t have given for a napkin to blow my nose! I made my way inside, and went right through without all the security drama because I had been TSA preapproved. I smiled from within, knowing that because He lives in me, I can face anything, including an airplane ride without my husband.

Coffee Hour Friend, wherever you’re going today, in whatever you endeavor to do, can I encourage you to remember that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world! Seize the opportunities coming your way to live like you believe!

Join me tomorrow for Trench Tuesday and of course Wednesday for Wednesday’s Word where I’ll share what happened on the plane and how He showed Himself to me!
Filled,

Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment