Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wednesday’s Word


Dare to Dream
John 10:10: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

Welcome to Wednesday’s Word @ Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Trench Classes United. Grab your coffee, and your strand of faith and let’s go tie some knots in our faith…and dream a little.

Last week in our connection group, the subject was about our fear of failure and even our fear of success. That sounds crazy, I know, but it’s true; some people actually stop themselves from succeeding in their dreams and goals because of their fear of success. When we allow fear to stop us in our journey, we are not maximizing our God-giving potential, most likely in any area of our life.

As I asked our group if they felt they were living in their God-given potential, living up to it, not one raised their hand or offered up an affirmative answer. Instead, it got kind of quiet, which is rare in our group! J J

For the next several minutes we talked about fears and as each person shared transparently, I experienced a light-bulb moment and it took everything in me not to explode with it in the middle of someone’s transparent sharing…but I remained composed, listening to the others while the revelation danced around in my head, doing the two-step over and over again.

And at the right moment I asked: How many of you have a dream, or a goal? A pregnant pause ensued and I watched as everyone looked around at everybody else. And then very matter-of-factly, I asked: could it be we’re not maximizing our God-given potential because we have no dreams, or goals? You could have heard a pin drop!

While Proverbs 29:18 reminds us that a man without a dream perishes, or without revelation, he has no restraint, there are many principles and promises that also talk about abundant life. Living without a dream or a goal is not abundant living. God did not mean for us to just live to work, pay our bills, eat, sleep, get up and do it all over again. That is not abundant life by any means.  We get so busy doing life we forget how to live! We let the enemy lead us right into a rut, stealing and destroying any concept of a dream, or a goal.

Friend, what are your eternal passions? When you even dare to dream about liking what you’re doing, what and who does it involve? Does it have eternal value? Is it something after God’s heart? And if your answer is you have no idea, invite Him to dream with you and I promise you, He will begin to show you things that will require Him to show you a life exceedingly more than you had ever dared to hope for and dream about!

So what’s your dream or a goal you have? I’ll tell you mine: To spread a message of hope and help to the masses through the curriculum I know with all my heart He wrote through me!

Your turn!
Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment