Friday, January 12, 2018

Faith Filled Friday



Happy New Year, friends! Thank you in advance for taking time and joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United. Grab a warm cup of coffee and come sit with me.

We are just days into the New Year, a time for new beginnings, and today I want to share a new perspective on a familiar verse. God opened up this verse in a way I’ve never looked at before. Take a look at this verse with me….

Luke 17:6  New Living Translation (NLT)

The Lord answered, “If you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘May you be uprooted and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you!
Now see where it says, “’if’” you had faith”… “…you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘May you be uprooted and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you”!
That begs this question: Are we speaking with faith over our circumstances, for example, a new job, finances, marriage, or our children? I know I try to, but if I’m honest with myself, and you, I usually let the situations or my emotions cloud out all of Gods truth that He has so perfectly ready for me.
Our lives get so busy, and unknowingly we let the enemy sink his teeth into our faith with all his lies. Yet, God gave us His perfect word to sustain us through our days. However, I didn’t realize that I was needing to do more than just read my word but to also speak His word over me, my family, and my friends.
 As we start to speak Gods truth out loud over us, we are covered with His perfect truth, and it’s much more difficult for the enemy’s lies to penetrate our emotions and sink deep into us. I was floored as I read this verse with a new pair of heavenly eyes.
Let’s take a look at how John Courson sees it. He writes: “How did God make the world? He spoke it into existence. So, too, Jesus altered the course of the world and eternity when he spoke… “Waves be still” (Mark 4:39), “Lazarus, come forth” (John 11:43), “It is Finished” (John 19:30).
John also reminds us that we also speak our individual worlds into existence and alter the course with our words. This is confirmed in ” Joshua 1:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
“8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
WOW!! Wasn’t that powerful?

So when we are faced with doubt or fear, let’s speak Gods word over these emotions and put them into check with God’s word. There are so many powerful reminders in His word that we can speak into ourselves and our world!

Let me leave you with this powerful example: Matthew 6:31-34

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
WOW! I am in awe of our Great Abba, and how great His love is for us. Jesus knew just how hard it would be for us, and so, He left us His perfect truth to read, meditate and speak over ourselves, our families and friends. Don’t forget when you’re having a hard or bad day to ask God for a verse, He knows just what you need, and when you get it, faithfully speak it over yourself and your situation and let Gods perfect truth work for good for you.
Love,
Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment