Monday, January 22, 2018

Life threatening experiences can make or break your faith; it’s a choice!


Once you have faced a life-threatening experience, it changes you forever. The things you thought were important lose their value. The things you took for granted become blessings. Life takes on a whole different perspective and our loving God is at the center of it all.

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power with Megan’s Monday Mantra and Trench Classes United.

Eighteen months ago, I had the upper left lobe of my lung removed due to stage 1, non-smokers, lung cancer. Now, every six months, I undergo a CT Chest Scan to ensure there are no other suspicious areas of concern.  Today, I got my third CT Chest Scan.

I find that I experience similar behavioral patterns around the time of each scan. The pre-scan finds me the most fearful; imagining the worst case scenario. The day of my scan, my fear subsides and I become distracted. I can hardly focus on anything. Waiting for test results affords me a reprieve. I can’t change the results anyway. The day I receive my results, I am scared but feeling stronger. Once I get the results, I go home and take a nap, since I have not had a good night’s sleep in weeks!

The Christian Life is about trusting God. We are not to be afraid or disheartened because God is always with us. Sometimes I think it is easier to believe in God than it is to trust in His plans. Even though I pray continually, I know if I am still afraid, then I am not trusting Him. But God is good. Every six months He gives me an extra difficult challenge to keep me fine tuning my trust in Him.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD, your God will be with you wherever you go.”   - Joshua 1:9

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan



P.S. Plan on joining us tomorrow night for Part II of our Love, Sex and No Rose Ceremony Facebook Live segment where we will discuss connection on three levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment