Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Our children’s choices are not a reflection of us…or are they





I listened as this sweet, sweet prayer warrior/friend of mine shared the “truth” behind her daughter’s illness that our team had been praying for, what she believed had caused it. What she said next rendered my heart humbled and sad all at the same time.
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Tuesday’s Trench Truth with Trench Classes United.
“I’m sharing this with you because you’ve shown great concern and I know you are praying for her.”
I nodded my head slightly.
She went on: I just don’t feel comfortable sharing this with the rest of them.
“I understand” I assured her gently. The information stirred suspicion and I went on to ask her a couple of questions which she responded yes to. I thanked her for trusting me and sharing with me and walked away so sad, and not necessarily just for her daughter, but for her because of this truth:
Too often we see our children’s choices – no matter how old they are – as a reflection of ourselves and this inhibits transparency.
This truth confirms another truth:
How we are loved affects how we love…and so the cycle continues
Friends, some history needs to be studied because it isn’t worth repeating!
Mark your calendars and plan on investing in you and your significant relationships. This incredibly powerful eight-week relationship class will help you discover some truths in your history and equip you with the tools to begin breaking unhealthy cycles!
[Please post front of postcard and back, side by side]
Truthfully,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment