Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday’s Mantra




In “The World According to Dave,” if you don’t feel a knot in your gut before doing something important, you probably don’t care enough to do it in the first place!

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

This past weekend I showed my dog at the Palm Springs Dog Show. It was with a huge leap of faith that I decided to enter this particular show. I have dabbled in a few smaller shows over the past 9 months, but nothing as big and prestigious as this show. It is one of the largest shows of the year, and everyone who is anyone is there.

As I stood ringside waiting for my class to begin, I could feel that old familiar nervous churning in my stomach. I am an owner-handler with a young, inexperienced dog, about to compete alongside professional handlers who get paid big bucks to show dogs. 

Before entering the ring, I thanked God for giving me this opportunity. I prayed I could keep my focus on Him and that He would be glorified in the process.

In Jesus Always, Sarah Young writes: You can train your mind to turn from other things and focus on Me. Thus you can enjoy the wondrous gift of My Peace.

I showed my dog four times in three days.  We did not come home with any blue ribbons, but he performed beautifully. He placed second in his class all four shows. We received many compliments, one of which meant more to me than a blue ribbon. The owner of one of the dogs we competed against came to me and said, “You did such a nice job and you were so calm in the ring.” I actually looked around to make sure she was referring to me!

It was then I realized I had been calm because I was at peace. I trusted it would all work out the way He designed it, so I was free to enjoy the process with the God and dog I love.

He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! - Isaiah 26:3 (TLB)

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment