Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Focus on your Problem Solver, not your problem. And/or: When we remember His past provision and protection, we can face any problem!


I logged into my computer and waited for it to warm up and allow me to go online. She seemed a little tired this morning, like me, but I was eager to get to my list of things to do before leaving for work. I put my cursor on Google Chrome and waited to see the familiar page which would allow me to do all I needed to do online. Instead, I got this message: Network failed!
What?
Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United. Come on in for a life application of some old truths still relevant today!
See, the night before, I had decided to try and help my husband take down our old router and install the new one, which seems to be Frontier’s fix for every problem. I got about three steps in and got so flustered, I felt as though I had taken several wrong turns and couldn’t find my way back of my own cardboard boxL.
The only thing I could do was call for help, so I called a friend from church, a guy very knowledgeable in this sort of thing. He came over and within 15 minutes we were up and running on the desktop. I didn’t know there was a difference.
What does this all have to do with Wednesday’s Word? I’m so glad you asked. This particular morning, I was reading in Numbers 13:26-14:9, and to give you a quick backdrop and paraphrase, it’s about an old habit still very much alive today: grumbling. Moses was instructed by God to send 12 men out to survey the Promised Land, and they did. When they came back, 10 of them gave the same report: It is a land full of milk and honey – I would have loved to have seen the eyes of the rest of the council for I’m sure they were like a deer in headlights!  BUT…yes, there’s a “but” – they said, it is full of giants!
Can’t you just imagine them all so inflated with hope and boom! Deflation sets discouragement into motion and immediately the children of Israel begin grumbling.
Caleb and Joshua, the other two of the 12, stood amongst their peers, reminding them of God’s provision and protection thus far – which had been incredible, real, and life changing – but the children of Israel didn’t want to hear it and they wanted to stone Caleb and Joshua. Why? Their eyes were on their mountain, and not their mountain mover; the potential problems instead of their powerful problem solver who was and is bigger than any giant.
There is richness in the soil of this principle. First: When we reflect on God’s past provision and protection, we are able to move in our present toward our future! Second: God is bigger than any problem you have; the price for the victory of your problem has already been paid so why not just go through the process to cash in? Are you catching what I’m throwing you? We need to learn to focus on our Problem Solver and not our problem!
Now what does this have to do with turning my computer on and not being able to get online? Well, long story short, computer problems are giants to me…and I tend to allow them to send me over the edge and I can become like an Israelite, grumbling and forgetting about all of His prior provisions and protection!
But this morning was different. I was able to apply the Word I had just feasted upon to my situation, and for the time being, I had to walk away and get my focus off of that giant and move forward.  It was so rewarding to actually be a doer of the Word and not just a reader or hearer of His Word.
Exactly what I read that day was exactly what I needed for that day! God is good; all the time God is good! May today be a day of giants that lead you to the reality of your Abba who can slay any of them…when you focus on Him!
Love,
Evinda

P.S. Don’t forget to join us tonight for Part II of our Love, Sex and No Rose Ceremony Facebook live segment to learn about the three levels of connection, aka, emotional foreplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment