Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Thankfulness can put the intention back into your good habits.




As I made my way to my lounge chair in my writing room with my coffee and morning snack, my word for the year came rushing to the surface of my heart, making it visible to see with my eyes: intentionalhow long have I been meeting with you, Abba? Has it become habitual or is it intentional?
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United. Come on in and let me share from my heart to yours my journey thus far this year of being intentional. [“Intentional” is my word for the year, a word to live by, if you will]
I don’t know about you, but I can tend to lean a bit on the bored side if I keep doing the same thing day in and day out, so I need to change it up a bit. Now that’s not to slight anyone who loves that sort of structure, however when it comes to meeting with our Father, is it so structured that it’s become habitual instead of intentional, which leaves out the “relational” aspect of our time with Him?
I was greatly rewarded by listening to that whisper on my way to my quiet place. I changed up my routine a bit by going right into the Word and my study of Giving Thanks to God with Sarah Young…after inviting Him to come with me, of course. He took me to 2nd Corinthians 9:6 which says: But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
But when I read it, I had exchanged the subject of money for the subject of thankfulness. Go ahead, read it with “thankfulness” as the focus of what we sow bountifully.
Pretty cool, huh?
See, thankfulness fuels our faith while complaining and grumbling fuels doubt. 
No matter what circumstance you are in the midst of right now, thanking or complaining can literally change you and your direction!
What areas of your life have become habitual instead of intentional? Thankfulness can put the intention back into your good habits.
Intentionally thankful,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment