Monday, March 5, 2018

Coincidence…or God-incidence?



God –the one Supreme Being, the omnipotent, omniscient creator and ruler of the universe.
Wink - to open and close one eye deliberately, as to convey a message, signal, or suggestion.
God Wink – a uniquely personal experience or event, often mistakenly identified as a coincidence.

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

I am not a believer in coincidences. Oftentimes, when I am in need of direction, reassurance, or a solution, it unexpectedly comes through a radio broadcast, a stranger’s comment, or a turn of events. I get so excited when I “catch” one of these moments, because for me it means God really cares and He is hearing me! I was blessed with one such moment last week …

I’ve learned asking the Lord for help is the best way to tackle any dog training challenge. Since He is the one who created the dog, I’m sure no one knows better than He, how to train one. I am currently training my young, enthusiastic Boxer for competition obedience. Competition obedience demands an exorbitant amount of focus from the dog. Requiring my highly distractible Boxer to keep his undivided attention, solely upon me, is proving to be an arduous task. After a particularly frustrating day of training, I came home and opened up Sarah Young’s daily devotional, “Jesus Calling”. It read,
“I am intimately involved in all of your moments, and I am training you to be aware of me at all times. Your assignment is to collaborate with me in this training process.” I stared at the devotion in disbelief. “WOW”, I blurted out loud, “The Lord is teaching me the exact same thing I am teaching my dog!”

A mere coincidence – what are the odds of that?

I shared this experience with my friend and work out instructor, Cheryl. She told me her family calls these special moments “God-Winks.” I am not familiar with the expression, but the visual it represents is powerful. Through a mindful observation or a moment of recognition, we have access to God’s guidance. All He asks of us is to be aware of Him at all times. Imagine the countless blessings - the gift of peace, once fear is dispelled, the clarity of mind, once doubt is negated, the certainty of love, once faith is restored … all in the wink of an eye – God’s eye!

Are you aware of God’s winks in your life?
Has God winked at you today?

Dear God, let us have the eyes to see…

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment