Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Gentleness is strength clothed in grace! EL




gen·tle·ness
What does that word even mean? Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
Gentleness: (Noun): 1.The quality of being kind, tender, or mild-mannered. 2Softness of action or effect; lightness.
Have you ever wanted something so bad, and gotten so close to receiving it and then swoosh, just like that, in one circumstance, what was within your grasp moves farther and farther away like a balloon flying higher and higher until it is removed from your sight?

As I let my eyes stare at the entire word and focus on each syllable, I am like a child wanting one thing with all of my being, praying for the ability to not lose sight of this word, this characteristic I have longed for all of my Christian life. Sometimes I can come so close only to forget about it as circumstances pull it into the background of my life and then in a blink of an eye, the bull-in-the-china-cabinet mentality overtakes me. Why, I wonder to myself, and how do I grasp this concept of gentleness and not let it go?

Philippians 4:5 gives this instruction: Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
In other words, He’s right there with me, with you…not like a detective waiting to catch us doing something wrong but one who guides us from wrong.
Philippians 4:6 gives us the reason behind the inability to be gentle in our interactions: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God 
Ugh, anxiety…a real thing, right?
And Philippians 4:7 gives us the why of gentleness, the reward, if you will: and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Could it be that when I’m feeling the least gentle I am so busy doing me I forget about Him?
Longing for gentleness…

Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment