Monday, March 19, 2018

Unanswered prayers could be blessings in disguise




                                                 
               
“Dear Lord, if you will grant me this one request, I will never ask you for anything again.”

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power with Megan’s Monday Mantra and Trench Classes United.

How many times have you made this bargain with God?  I certainly have. Like most of us, my life has been littered with unanswered prayers: prayers for the health of a pet; prayers for an important job, prayers for a relationship, or prayers for the outcome of a circumstance.

At times, I have felt like God turned a deaf ear to some of my most desperate pleas, yet, with the perspective of time, I learned many of those unanswered prayers were blessings instead of disappointments. If God had answered those prayers the way I asked him to, I would not be enjoying the life I am today. I am thankful.

God wants us to bring our every need to Him. Our unanswered prayers can simply mean He has something better planned for us. That relationship we wanted, that neighborhood we wanted to live in, that career we wanted to pursue, whatever it is, it’s not meant for us or it is not where we are needed. Our loving God does not settle for second best when it comes to our welfare. He wants greater things for us than we are able to ask for. Can we trust that God has reasons beyond our reasons? Can we trust His plan is better than ours?

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs,
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care.
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.   - Garth Brooks

When was the last time God closed a door and you thanked Him?

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment