Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The heart reveals and yet conceals our true character EL



Have you ever misplaced something and found yourself retracing your steps and coming back empty of what you lost? And the harder we look for it, the more frustrated we become, right?
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
In those moments of sheer exasperation, what is it we do? I have learned to step away from the angst and redirect my focus, and sometimes, I’ll even ask God to reveal that which was lost.
So what does the phrase “do not lose heart” mean? How can we lose our heart if it’s beating inside of us? How does that happen? When I read Paul’s instructions in 2nd Corinthians 4:16 – and I’ve read this verse several time in my life – I decided to look up what that phrase means to see if there is a mystery behind the phrase, a diamond to behold in this walk of faith on our way to heaven.
How I’ve interpreted it in the past is “Don’t give up”! But this particular morning, while I was feeling as though I lost my heart, I felt a little nudge to dig a little deeper, which confirmed that my heart was still beating within me J  So I went to my Hebrew and Greek Concordance.
Wow, talk about a landmine! Did you know that the word “heart,” and all its forms, is in the Bible over 1000 times? Here’s a couple of really inspiring definitions for this word heart: “it represents man’s true character but conceals it”—we could literally stay on that definition for a while but let’s keep going.
It is the seat of physical life, moral nature, spiritual life, the seat of grief and the seat of joy.  Again, we could stay in these “seats” for a while and feast upon the meanings, but let me give you the final one that is the context for our Wednesday’s Word:  Understanding, reasoning powers, conscience, intention, purpose and…faith!
So if I were to rewrite this verse with its Greek translation, it would read something like this:
Therefore, I do not lose understanding, my reasoning abilities, my conscience, my intention, my purpose or faith in this trial, for even though my outward man is perishing, yet my inward man (the heart) is being renewed day by day.
Oh, Coffee Hour Friend, do not lose your faith, your ability to reason, to live intentionally in your purpose no matter what you are going through, for all of this is preparing us and renewing us for our heavenly destination.
Finding my heart,
Kim Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment