Monday, March 26, 2018

The more we meet with Him, the easier it is to hear Him in the loudness of life -EL



“How did you end up here?” the Oncology Nurse questioned, after reviewing my unremarkable medical history. “Divine intervention,” I replied. Her eye brows frowned at me over the rim of her glasses. “You must have had some symptoms,” she replied...

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra with Trench Classes United.

Truth be known, I did have one significant symptom – and that was the Lord prompting me to get off my hind-end and go to the doctor for a chest ex-ray!

My seasonal allergies did feel worse than normal and I was a bit more tired than usual, but
 In the World According to Dave” (that would be my husband), these were just normal signs of aging. Plus, I was still mourning the loss of my Mother. I credited feeling less than my best to emotional distress or depression - until one early morning, when the Lord’s prompting broke through.

After a heated argument with my Doctor who believed that my stuffed-up nose and congestion-free lungs did not warrant a chest ex-ray, he relented and wrote the order. Forty-eight hours later I was summoned back for more tests. The diagnosis of probable early stage non-smoker’s lung cancer and major lung surgery was the result.

I was healthy - I was symptomless - and it is rare to detect early stage lung cancer.

WHAT IF I HAD FAILED TO FOLLOW THE PROMPTING OF THE LORD? I would not be cancer free today.

How do we know it is God prompting us and not just something we conjured up ourselves? That is always my biggest concern. Scripture tells us we were created to know God in a personal way. In John 10:27, Jesus says, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” We were created to have a relationship with God, through His Son, Jesus Christ. Everything starts and ends with our relationship with Him.

It is through our personal relationship with God, that we become sensitive to the promptings of His Spirit. 

“I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”  (Psalm16:7-8 NASB)

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment