Friday, March 30, 2018

We have to look into the pain to see the beauty on the other side -EL



Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ…
I remember when I first read that and thought what in the world? How in the world?
Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith-Filled Friday with Trench Classes United.
Have you ever seen that movie The Passion? I’ll never forget when I did and how I finally understood why all the bad that happened on crucifixion Friday really led to what we celebrate as Good Friday. It is true that we won’t ever endure what He has in all aspects of life; however, we are afforded, on a daily basis, at a minimum, the opportunity to partake in His crucifixion.
How? I’m glad you asked.
Each and every time we die to the desires of our flesh that are not pleasing to Him, in other words, things that we wouldn’t do if He were in front of us, things that we would never do, say or even think if we saw Him looking, we participate in that crucifixion and validate the necessity of all He did on the cross and off!
When we participate in His crucifixion, we can say with joy the rest of this verse: “--and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
May this Good Friday be the beginning of a true understanding of what it is to be crucified with Christ.
Love,
Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment