Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Are U your own Goliath?


Wednesday’s Word

The messages told me no one would want to hear it, see it or participate in it. As the messenger came close enough to wrap its evil claws around me, I almost chickened out, called it off and said to the heck with it.
Thanks for joining me today for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
Have you ever gone to church and listened to the message and felt like you were the only one in the room? I’m so thankful for those times, and even more thankful that they happen just at the most divine moments. Last Sunday was one of those times wherein even though I was in the VERY last row, his message be-lined it straight to my soul, did not go left, right, but came right at me and I was so refreshed by it.
Just like you, I’ve got a lot of life coming at me; my adopted mama just recently graduated to heaven – I’m crying as I write this – and I’m struggling without her; she was my major cheer leader. In addition to that, I’ve taken two falls, two different times, bruised my ribs, caused a hairline fracture to my elbow, and I was scheduled to begin filming my project the next day that Jesus wrote thru me so many years ago and we’ve been fine-tuning in the trenches for three years.
Anyway his message was about focusing on the good helps us to navigate thru the bad. I admit, I still need some work in this area. I’ve had a lot of negative thrown at me lately, which I have no doubt the enemy wants to use to distract me from this project. But thank God for community, corporate worship and the meaning behind the message: Jesus invites me to trust Him in the pain, not to adjust to the pain!
And then he had us take off our shoes, so, hey, if you have shoes on, feel free to do this. Write one to three things that are interfering with you trusting Him thru whatever you’re going thru. It was in this exercise I realized that fear was driving my emotional car as it relates to one of the painful situations, which was also spilling over and causing me insecurity about this upcoming filming project.
So write those things on your shoes, put them back on…and stomp on them. That’s right! Romans 16:20 says: The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
So since God is not the author of fear and insecurity, but the enemy is, I stomped on fear and insecurity but good and walked out of church ready to film the project He wrote thru me, brought me to and will see me thru.
It occurred to me that this lines up with last week’s Wednesday’s Word about David and Goliath, that David did not pay on iota of attention to him and he won the battle…or better said, just showed up…and so did God and the battle was won. Sometimes maybe we need to hush up so we can show up and stop being our own Goliath!
Have a wonderful Wednesday
Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment