Friday, August 17, 2018

Are you in a soul desert? Time for refreshing.


 Faith Filled Friday

Thanks for joining us for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Faith Filled Friday with Trench Classes United. Have you ever stopped to examine your heart and your time you spend with Abba? Are you thirsting for more of the Lord?  How great it is that we are thirsting for Him because we know He is the only one who can quench our thirst. Oh, Be Still, My Soul!
Psalm 63:1 (NLT):  “Oh, God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you;  my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.”
Do you find yourself like me, where days fly by and it’s the end of the week before you know it? When I looked back at my week, I found myself in somewhat of a desert as a result of not taking time to be still before the Lord. Sometimes setting that time aside is more difficult than other times.
 Do you take the time to be still before the Lord? It’s a difficult task in our fast-paced world. I’m so grateful for the knocks and whispers from the Lord, gentle reminders and requests telling me He wants to spend time with me. But my flesh has been so tired these past few weeks, so much so that my need for more sleep has been canceling my appointments with my Abba.
Recently I saw this question: "Am I allowing myself to be interrupted by God?" Dietrich Bonhoffer
WOW! This quote spoke volumes to my heart. I cried out to the Lord, “Oh, please, interrupt me.
Interrupt me that I might spend time at Your feet, quietly sitting and letting all my days, plans, and list of things to do fall away. This is what refreshes the soul and it is when I am refreshed that I can dare to research my soul:
Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT) Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
 Can you relate to what I’ve shared? If so, please take this time to pray with me, that we may refresh our souls:
Jesus, forgive us for getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of our lives.  Help us to set aside time just for You so that we can be refreshed and revived by You daily. Show us the areas in our heart that we need to repent for and fix our eyes on you. Jesus, discipline us to set aside time with you. Oh Lord, help us to put you before ourselves. Thank you for hearing our prayer and being ever so faithful to forgive us.  Oh what a gracious God we serve. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Have a great weekend,
Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment