Wednesday, August 1, 2018

To stop and look at creation is to inhale beauty and exhale chaos! EL


Wednesday’s Word

Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word @ Trench Classes United. It’s a great day for a Psalm! Grab your coffee, (iced J ) a pen, journal, your strand of faith and let’s get right into the word at Psalm19.
Within the first six verses we can see that this is a Psalm of praise for God’s creation and His Word. I don’t know about you, but I often miss the small things about creation that are really quite significant, especially in the world of social media. But when I press the pause button in my life and just gaze upon them, it’s like I took a deep, cleansing breath that inhales beauty and exhales chaos.
For example: what do you do when you see a new flower in bloom, or the splendor of the hills, the mountains, the puffy clouds of all sizes and shapes? Do you ever take the time to gaze upon His artwork seen in a beautiful sunrise, the promise of a new day; or a beautiful sunset, a beautiful finish to another day of life? And even more awe-inspiring is new life, such as brand new humming birds that were recently born in our Ficus tree. Watching these creations changes our perspective, refreshes us.
There are so many pieces of creation that beckon us to stop, pay attention and let it soak into our being for then we can be refreshed with hope because we’ve acknowledged our Creator.
I could sit in this mode for a long time; however, I want us to begin today with verse 7. “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. The testimony of the Lord is sure; making wise the simple. The statues of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Now let’s try a rewrite of this verse, which is merely putting yourself in it; in this way, you will make it yours, honest, from your heart:
“Abba, your principles and promises are perfect, and they are continuing to convert my soul. Your words are true, giving me depth in my soul.8Your requirements are right and they make my heart glad. The commandment to love You with all my heart, soul and mind keeps the eyes of my heart open to the things of You created by You.”
Let’s wrap up this rewriting session with the final verse, which we can make the cry of our hearts daily: 14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O, Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”
I don’t know about you, but I say there’s no need to do anything with that but write it, speak it and deposit it in the core of your soul!
Loving and learning in the Psalms,
Kim-Evinda


No comments:

Post a Comment