Monday, August 6, 2018

To love…even when you don’t feel like it, that’s commitment. EL


 MONDAY’S MANTRA


Wow, it’s August already! Thanks for joining us for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Monday’s Mantra with Trench Classes United. You’re in for a treat today with some thoughts from our friend, Jenn Woolsey.
People love to quote the Bible verse about how God hates divorce. Well guess what, He does. But not for the reason it’s usually used... but because He hates the pain it causes His children and the future generations. 

I was in a co parenting class today… listening to tips on getting along and focusing on the child in a “reorganized family.” I found it helpful and I believe it’s necessary.

But, I can’t get this nagging thought out of my head: what are we doing to prepare people for the fact that marriage is so important; that it can’t be taken lightly? It’s not about the excitement of feeling in love or filling a void, or even creating a family.  It’s about choosing to love even when you don’t “feel” like it.
I listened to the stories of other couples, I know my own story. I was woefully unprepared. I chose unwisely.  How can we prevent this in the first place?
Oh to spend more time on the answer before we are faced with the dilemma of this epidemic of divorce.
Thoughtfully,
Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment