Monday, August 13, 2018

Negative habits & emotions have a lot in common with ants


Monday’s Mantra


Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Monday’s Mantra with Trench Classes United. You’re in for a treat with Jenn’s thoughts today! Enjoy.
Ants...they have got to be one of nature's most annoying insects. J L J  Just when I think I've won the battle, I'll find a new line marching along, mindless to my eyes on them as they continue on with their business. Everywhere I turn, there they are: Cupboards, the sink, the fridge handle, stove top, an opened bag of chips, all things kitchen. But…yes, but, they were even on the bathroom rug. Imagine my dismay when I stepped on it and discovered that it was covered with ants!
Strategically and consistently placing ant poison is the only thing that will stop them in their tracks.

You have to hand it to them; they are persistent, hard-working, and definitely sneaky.

Kind of like those habits that are hard to change: Fear, discouragement, doubt, anger, despair…oh can’t those things behave just like ants, sneaking in when least expected? One day it seems I've won, and the next, there's that familiar line of reactions or negative emotions making their way into my heart. 

Prayer, praise and meditating on the hope God gives: this is the only defense against these most annoying issues of the heart, daily, hourly, and sometimes by the minute. It's the only thing that stops human nature in its tracks.
Learning and unlearning…
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment