Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power: Laugh With Me

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Wow, can you believe it; the last day of the month! Whew, come on in and take a break with me before May is here! Grab your coffee and let’s go find some more reasons to giggle, and share a laugh or two! I think we left off in Proverbs.

Proverbs is also full of relationship advice, whether that relationship is a friend, a spouse or a co-worker or family member! I don’t know about you, but when I learn something new, I do smile from the inside out. Proverbs is full of word pictures that reveal ways to show love, dedication and high moral standards, and these word pictures breathe consistency into us as we ingest the words of Solomon.

Proverbs also addresses speech! What’s in our hearts has a way of coming out of our mouths! There’s sort of a funny picture. See, how we talk reveals our soul, who we are, what we are really like. Proverbs teaches us that choosing our words wisely before we speak them takes self-control. I love the word picture in Proverbs 17:14: The beginning of strife is like releasing water; therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts. What a word picture, huh? Can you just close your eyes and visualize someone whose mouth just keeps pouring out like a broken faucet?

He fills my heart with laughter!Proverbs also reveals that God is the one with the final say, the one who controls the outcome of all we do! Why do we buy into this illusion that we are in control! Have you ever had that bubble popped before? I have and more than once! We are accountable to carry out our work with diligence, discipline and determination, which equates to leaving the laziness in the Lazy Boy chair! See, He evaluates all that we do and say so we should work with a purpose, speak with a purpose!

And finally, on the subject of success, the Book of Proverbs reveals that success is found in our relationship with God for that is what counts in               He fills my heart
eternity. I can’t help but smile when I think of that; all this stuff we endure,          with laughter!
all the relationship problems are temporary, in our lives to prepare us for the
One we will spend eternity with. Yes, as much as is possible with me, I want
to live peaceably with others so when I get there, I can hear Him say,
well done my good and faithful servant. How can I not be cheerful when
I think upon these things?

Join me tomorrow for some funny words out of Christ’s own mouth, from Him to us . . .

Loving His sense of sovereign humor,

2014 Headshot
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment