Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power: LOL

EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Thanks so much for stopping by for our Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power. Today is a new day; His mercies are new and it’s time for a little laughter! The more I get to know Him, the more I realize He has such a sense of humor so this may become a series! Grab your coffee and come on in.

Have you ever yearned for laughter? I have, and am in need of it even more so during this season of my life. I’m experiencing a learning curve, if you will, trying to not take myself, and life so seriously, despite all that I am learning in and through the curriculum He is writing through me about hurts, habits and hang-ups. Incidentally, I am so excited about this curriculum! I can’t wait to share it with everyone!

Ecclesiastes 3:4 reminds us that there is a time to weep and a time to laugh! I want to laugh! By golly, I’ve been yearning for laughter for several days now. But I had no idea He would bring it about in the way that He did despite the conflict surrounding it. Why do I continue to be surprised at His ways? Now I’m smiling!

He fills my heart with laughter!We were spending time with our four-year-old grandson and it was getting close to bedtime; however, he was still fully charged! I was beyond tired and his emotional thermometer, aka, his attitude, revealed he was too. He demonstrated quite an attitude when I asked him to do something – I don’t even remember what it was – and instead of pulling the “I’m boss card” and getting puffed up with my own attitude, I was overwhelmed with this reflex to pick up a pillow and lightly swish it at him. It worked!

An all-out pillow fight ensued and George came over to join us. I let all the cares in my world go within the first few heaves of pillows. First it was               He fills my heart
Bryden and me against George; then he would quickly change sides over               with laughter!
to George’s side. “Papa, here, here’s anuder piwow.”

Bam! One came flying at my face and knocked my glasses to where they were all caddy-wampus! I was laughing hysterically as the next one came and knocked me off balance. And then Bryden was back on my side and we were shooting pillows at Papa faster than bullets coming from a BB gun could fly.

The pillow fight turned into hut-hut 24, our favorite chasing game we used to play during the season of Nana Holds!

Oh, it felt so good to laugh like no one was listening, to play like a child with the child God chose to teach me so many things, including how to be a child! I just know Jesus was laughing with us too, rejoicing over us with gladness that in what could have become a trying moment became a joyful one because of He who is within us!

Love and laughter,

2014 Headshot
Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment