Monday, April 28, 2014

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power: Monday Manna

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Happy Monday!

My wife Kay and I had a great conversation last night; we somehow got onto the topic of the aging process. I think it all started when Kay asked me what we should plan for our birthdays, since they’re only five days apart. Before I could respond she looked at me, froze, and with a serious face she said, “Garrett, you’re turning 28…that’s old!” I laughed about it but then I suddenly went into quarter life crisis mode. “I am getting old!” I responded.

As Kay was planning our birthday weekend getaway I began realizing that she just identified the correlation to my chronic lower back pain, premature wrinkling, and suppressed metabolism. Oh to be young again! Kay, observing my concern, reminded me “Gar, don’t worry…40 is like the new 30!” She always knows how to cheer me up…

Looking back at our conversation I’m reminded of how resilient the human body truly is. We are wonderfully made. We have the ability to feel pain, through a series of chemical reactions that occur within the body. We have the ability to identify certain smells and catalog these for later use. God has given us eyes, that have the ability to focus and adjust to light with such ease, that no camera will ever be able to replicate. God has given us the ability to hear through tiny vibrations that occur within the membranes of the ear. And let’s all thank the Good Lord for our ability to taste. My Coconut Ice Cream is beckoning. How is it that our taste buds can communicate to our brain that the stomach and G.I need to prepare for the absorption of nutrients once I place that delicious bite of Coconut Ice Cream on my tongue?

That same day I began watching a movie titled Evolution Versus God. In the film, multiple students and professors are interviewed and asked questions about their beliefs in evolution. The interviewer asked every student and professor to give an example of observable evidence of a change of kinds, for example- the assumed link between the monkey and the human. Many students were completely stumped by the question and a majority said that they had faith in the scientists that advocate Darwinism evolution. Many students, who didn’t know how to answer the question, simply brought up examples of adaptive responses, such as the changing of bird’s beak size as a way to adapt to its ever-changing environment. A professor who was interviewed used the example of bacteria and stated that a certain type of bacteria change, since they can produce new metabolic capabilities. But it’s still bacteria!

I encourage you to take some time to watch this short film. We know God is sovereign, therefore we know that God has the ability to create something out of nothing. The late Pastor Chuck Smith summed it up best when he replied to the question of an atheist regarding evolution. He stated “Every creation demands a creator.” Our ability to understand science coincides with our own beliefs through faith in the Bible. The secular world will do everything they can do disprove our belief in creation, but doesn’t it take more faith to attempt to disbelieve? I want to leave you with a verse out of Colossians 1:16- “For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him.” God Bless you and have a Great Week!

In His Love,

Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro
P.S. Join Steve & Evinda as they pick up where they left off on Blog Talk Radio with How to Love Who You Love! They will be finishing up the pleasing imprint! Are you the one always trying to please in your relationships? Tune in! www.blogtalkradio.com/Chicklit-Power

No comments:

Post a Comment