Monday, April 21, 2014

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power: Monday Manna

Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...

Happy Monday Manna,

I hope each and every one of you had a blessed Easter. On Good Friday I had the blessed opportunity to meet with an old friend and brother in Christ, Mike Austin, for breakfast. As we fellowshipped, we began discussing what worship meant to each one of us and how we interpreted the act of worship. I was surprised to find out that our interpretations varied substantially, but both were based upon the same understanding.

It’s amazing how the Holy Spirit can work through fellowshipping. I’ve always interpreted worship as the act of praising God through song, prayer, or through reading of The Word. Up until Friday, I had never considered the act of fellowshipping as an act of worship. As Mike and I really peeled away the layers of what worship meant to each one of us, the veil was lifted and I realized that as we were discussing scripture and its application within our own lives, we were actively worshipping God for who He really is- Our Lord and Savior. I was blown away at the many different forms of worship. The Holy Spirit is always at work, even at IHOP!

Mike says many prolific things, but I will never forget what he told me on Friday. He stated “Garrett, think of a rose. When you see such a perfect creation, with it’s vibrant petals, and dark green stem, think about what God sees; one of his many creations looking up to the heavens, worshipping Him, and declaring His sovereignty. God’s creations are all so unique but have one thing in common, in that we have all been equipped with the capacity to worship. That rose has been made to honor God, to submit to God, and is loved by God just as we are. That rose is perfect in the eyes of the Father, and through faith in grace, we are made perfect.” I was left speechless!

Friday was definitely a Spirit filled day and as I returned home I decided to let our dogs out back for some much needed activity. As I was watching them roam around chasing lizards and lounging in the grass, I decided to tend to our backyard, which is our outdoor sanctuary. As I was pulling the weeds in our planter I remember what Mike had said and suddenly became mesmerized as I saw our long stemmed flowers facing the heavens and swaying with the cool breeze. As the puppies lounged in the grass I could see their noses moving, trying to identify the unique smell of the over-sized Chinese Jasmin vine growing in our neighbors yard. It was amazing seeing all surrounding creation worshipping and praising God. I bowed my head and prayed.

Shortly after, Kay arrived home and once again I was overwhelmed with joy. I told her about my day as we gazed at an orange and violet sunset and together we worshiped. Worship happens everywhere. Now I’ve learned that song, prayer, reading of The Word, fellowshipping, and just stopping to reflect and appreciate God’s creations are all methods of worship. I want to leave you with the following verse from 1 Chronicles 16: 23-31. I hope you all have a blessed week and I urge you to take time this week to just stop, breathe, and recognize God’s creations and how they have been uniquely formed to bring glory to His name. God Bless You.

Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.  Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.  For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods.  For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the Lord made the heavens.  Honor and majesty are before Him; Strength and gladness are in His place.  Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Give to the Lord glory and strength.  Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!  Tremble before Him, all the earth. The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved.  Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; and let them say among the nations, 'The Lord reigns.'"

In His Love,

Castro'sCornerPic
Garrett Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment