Friday, April 4, 2014

Power Thought for Power Friday


EL pen Logo with heart
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power...
Thanks so much for joining me for Power Friday @ Chicklit Power. Wow, March is gone; April is here! April showers bring May flowers! Grab your coffee and come on in for just a little break.

So I’ve been working on our curriculum for our Transform Trench class, and just a little over a week ago, somebody says: “So I see your stuff on Facebook, but I’ve been so busy. What’s this ‘trench’ class thing you’re doing?”

I mean the way she said trench, it was pronounced so exaggerated, like “ta-rench, emphasis on “rench” with disgust dripping out of her. And the look of puzzled, baffled yet innocent fear was so . . . .It took my breath away.

But what was poignant is what she said next:

“So doesn’t that mean – doesn’t trench mean you’re gonna go deep?”

I smiled and I said, “That’s exactly what that means.” I waited, looking right at her and then asked, “Is that scary for you? Do you think going deep is a bad thing?”

She hesitated for a few seconds and then said: "But it's a lot of work and I'm so busy!"

I affirmed her and told her it would be worth her while and she couldn't afford time-wise not to be there! In fact, digging up these roots will free up your time as it frees you!

What I need to remember is this power thought He gave me some time ago:

Fear screams; faith whispers!

Going deep does scare a lot of people, which is why He’s called us to the trenches, to be side by side, so it’s not so scary. I’m so looking forward to getting in there with all who have signed up, that we may together dig up this root of fear that entangles many of us!

Incidentally, this sweet friend signed up for the class!

In His grip,
2014 Headshot



Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment