Friday, August 18, 2017

Foster’s Faith Filled Friday


Welcome once again to another Foster’s Faith-Filled Friday with Brianna! I’m sure you’re going to be able to relate with her! Grab your coffee and come on in.

Ever have those times when you have a lot more month at the end of your money? Where you aren't sure what your next move is? Questioning whether God is hearing your prayers, because at this moment in time it feels like He's completely ignoring you? Oh man, this week has been rough and I'm feeling a little ignored. And let me tell you, when I feel ignored, I can throw one heck of a pity party. Next time I throw one, you are more than welcome to join, you know, misery loves company. (Totally kidding, I don't even want to be at these parties) J J

Let me tell you what; trials are a part of our journey in life. Sometimes they make us and other times they break us and piece us together into something different. Either way, we come out of these difficulties a different person than we were when we went in. That is the purpose of trials.

Some turn to God in their difficulties, but what happens when we feel that God has abandoned us and forced us to face the darkness alone? We lose sight of the bigger picture. I remember my dad telling me once "sometimes when you feel like God is ignoring you, He's actually disciplining you." I never understood what that really meant until recently. I lie in bed and think "Wow, my dad is so right!"
I need to remember that God in fact never ignores us. Quite frankly He doesn't want us to suffer, per say, but we do because we are human. 

Do you almost isolate yourself from others when walking through trials because you don't want to burden people with your problems? I can tend to do that, but I’m learning that I'm not meant to suffer alone. It is okay to allow ourselves to vent and confide in our trusted friends, family, significant others, people whom we trust and respect to help guide us through troubled times and hold our hand when our hearts are heavy and we need some cheering up.

Isolating ourselves causes loneliness and depression and it essentially robs us of the hope we have in Christ. I guess what I’m trying to offer here, Coffee Hour Friend, is allow people to encourage you, support you and help keep you grounded!
  
Remember, God never abandons His children. God is a God of love. You are his precious, beautiful child and although He may at times test you, He will never, ever forsake you. Of this promise you can be sure. Believe in Him and keep moving forward. I leave you with this passage of scripture that is picking me up and out of my pity party:

Hebrews12: 4-11: 4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, ‘My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,6because the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]

 7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 
11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Disciplined in His love…
Breanna



No comments:

Post a Comment