Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Wednesday’s Word



He Loves to Give us Gifts






James 1:17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United. We’ve been sitting in the Psalms for a few weeks but we are going to move on because I just have to share something. See, when His Principles and Promises come to life in my own life, I am compelled to share that He may receive the praise He so deserves. Grab your coffee and your Strand of Faith, and come on in.
I have a question for you: Do you believe, with your whole being, that God is concerned about everything that concerns you? That He loves to do nice things for you, to give you wonderful gifts to delight your soul? And, Coffee Hour Friend, I’m not just talking about in the spiritual realm, but in this world, in this journey, in the here and now! When someone does give you a gift, do you find it hard to say thank you? I don’t know about you, but isn’t it easier being on the giving end? Well, I’m thinking He wants me to learn how to say thank you, to receive all that He has for me so I want to claim and exclaim how He revealed, yet again, that He is the giver of good gifts.
 It was just two days before our long-awaited cruise. I was so beyond excited and ready for this break. I was just about all packed and ready. Some of our friends that we were going with had set up excursions, and a couple of them were just going to wing it once we got there. I had attempted to set up a dolphin excursion, but when I saw the price, I immediately hit the back arrow and just stared longingly at the location, and the candid smiles of others who had gotten such an opportunity.  Well, just two days before leaving, one of my girlfriends asked if I had checked for specials on the dolphin excursion. I shook my head and added “I’m not going to worry about it.”
Well, she must not have liked that answer because within seconds, she had the site up on her computer and my longing to swim with the dolphins was rekindled. She pointed to something on the screen, and my rekindled desire suddenly burst into flames! There, right in front of me was buy one get one for $30! That was $150 off! I booked that excursion so fast, I was even impressed. I just knew in my soul that this was a gift from my Father for He truly cares about all that concerns me. See, this wasn’t an excursion where you watch from the distance, and maybe bend down and kiss the dolphin and pet it; no, this was the opportunity to get in the ocean water, swim with them, let them pull you through the waves and even lift you up! I was beyond excited.
The excursion was in the last port we stopped at, Cozumel and I could go on for pages and pages about the days prior but I want to get right to the next gift He blessed my husband and me with. After checking in for our excursion, they said they were running a bit behind, and moved it from 1:00 to 1:30, so we had more of time to enjoy the rest of the park, which we were only able to explore a small section. It was huge, with all kinds of fun things to do and beauty to behold. We arrived on time, and they were not on time, but we waited patiently. Finally they called us and there were about 45 people that they began to put in groups with numbers. They assigned us number 1, and within a few minutes, the lady who was checking everyone in called us by name and said with an accent almost as thick as peanut butter, “Oh, well, you are the only ones. This is lucky for you!”
 See, what that meant is we didn’t have to share any of the 40 minutes with any others; we had two dolphins and the trainer all to ourselves…AND the trainer kept us in there for over an hour! Three gifts in one!
It’s been said a picture speaks a thousand words, so here are just a couple to show the joyful receipt of His good gifts to my husband and me on this day, gifts that left memories in my heart for all my tomorrows that I may draw upon when I am down, or just bring back up to the hallway of my heart to smile from the inside out!
Friend, sometimes we are moving so fast, we don’t recognize our Father as a giver of good gifts. What has He done for you lately?

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment