Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday’s Trench Truth



Welcome to Coffee Hour @ Chicklit Power and Tuesday’s Trench Truth with Trench Classes United. I’d like to introduce you to our new Tuesday Trench Truth blogger, Megan Pilarcik:
Megan Pilarcik has been journaling her life experiences since she was 13 years old and when she was diagnosed with cancer, she didn’t stop journaling the journey. After a major lung surgery, thanks to the Lord, she is now cancer free.
Megan spent 25 years in media advertising sales and management. She has been a dog trainer and handler for competitive dog sports for the past 20 years. Megan feels the Lord most often teaches her through her dogs so I’m so excited to see what she brings to us each Tuesday! Without further ado…Megan’s first blog…ALL THINGS!

Stunned, I navigated my way through the Medical Center corridors out to the valet area and found a seat. “After all, I rationalized, world-renowned cardiothoracic surgeons aren’t known for their skill in sugar coating the facts.” Yet, I was not ready for this. I was positive God had a different plan for me. I was wrong.

I’m not sure what upset me more, the fear of my uncertain future or the sudden evaporation of my trust in the Lord. Up to this point, my promise to trust Him no matter what direction my path took had been remarkably effortless. From scans and biopsies, to expedited appointments and test results, the Lord had held me up and carried me through these frightening experiences. I felt at peace, even euphoric at times. My friends and family could not believe how strong I was … But now, I was facing a major lung surgery and the removal of 17 lymph nodes to determine if I had cancer, what stage it was in, and what treatment I would need. I was scared, my faith was weak, and I had just broken my promise to the Lord.

My deep apprehension was interrupted by a sweet voice with a smiling face. “Is this seat taken?” she asked. I scooted over to make more room. Looking straight at me, she pointed to the Medical Center and said, “Those people are not in charge of your future. HE (now pointing to the sky) IS and He’s got this!”
WOW – the moment my fear sabotaged my faith, the Lord sent this gift of a woman to deliver His message to me. Even though I had doubted, He continued to make Himself known though His gifts and intervention.

Five days later I had my surgery followed by six days in ICU and a twelve week recovery period. My diagnosis was Stage I non-smokers lung cancer in my upper left lobe, which was removed. No cancer was found in my lymph nodes which meant no chemotherapy or radiation. I WAS CANCER FREE!
After my first post-op appointment with my surgeon, I thanked him, expressing how grateful I was. He humbly shrugged his shoulders and said, “I just do the work, God does the healing.”

This is not something I would prefer to ever go through again, although I am honestly grateful for the experience and thankful that it happened. It has changed me, my life, and the way I view things. It has given me a deeper, more intimate relationship with our Lord and I often thank Him for it. Yes, God uses all things…good, bad, painful, ugly…for our benefit and His ultimate glory. Are you going through a difficult situation, circumstance or relationship right now? Then I invite you to A Night of Purpose, a night sure to answer many questions and meet you right where you are!

 




Looking forward to sharing more of the journey with you!



Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment