Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday’s Trench Truth and Invitation, Too!


Sometimes our brain needs a lane change!
Thanks so much for stopping by for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and our Tuesday’s Trench Truth with Trench Classes United. Come on in for a moment of truth that came to the surface of my heart just last week.

Last week, I had an incredibly long drive to what turned out to be a short deposition. But oh, how thankful I am for that long ride to Glendale. I had determined in my mind that I was going to make it a great time of worship and praise, a time for me and Abba to hang out, and a time for me to hear Him above the noise of life. He’s such a joyous God, with a crazy funny sense of humor, and He will go to great lengths to sit us down, causing us to be still so deep can reach out to deep. And the parking lot of the 210 freeway proved to be that quiet place!

The entire two-hour drive was spent listening and agreeing with so many pieces by Hosanna Poetry, words that worked as coals of fire with sparks of conviction into a couple of areas of my life, sparks burning away deeply-buried resentments, resentments that were close to growing roots but now with the cry of repentance melted away like a dying ember.

There were moments of such deep conviction driving me right there in the parking lot of the freeway to cry out for God to forgive me for what had been growing, unbeknownst to me, inside my heart because of an ongoing situation.
And then there were moments of just thanking Him, of feeling His arms reach out and enfold me in a huge and gentle hug all the while keeping the hands on the wheel of my car driving me to my deposition.

What could have been a real bummer of a drive turned out to be such a time of refreshing renewal…it was as if my brain had a lane change!

Coffee Hour friend, sometimes we just need to be still in the most unsuspecting places and times and soak up His presence, allow our brain to experience the ease of a lane change that will propel our heart right back to Him.  What goes in is what comes out!
Are there people, circumstances pulling on your mind, taking you down the roads of resentment, bitter, angry? Join us to learn how to experience that brain lane change and live fearlessly!
Love,

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment