Monday, August 28, 2017

Megan’s Monday Mantra


DOG spelled backwards is GOD!

For those of you who have never had the privilege of tracking a dog, it is difficult to describe the wonder of the experience...

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power and Megan’s Monday Mantra, with Trench Classes United.
Curl up with your favorite fur-kids and find out how my dog and a tracking test gave me an invaluable peek into how God works!

The tracking test is specifically designed to demonstrate a dog’s natural ability to follow a scent.
Picture a stranger walking around a large field. He makes a few left turns and a few right turns, going 50 to 120 yards between each turn. By the time he has finished, he has covered almost 500 yards of the field. An hour later, you and your dog arrive at the field and are expected to re-trace the exact footsteps taken by the stranger - site unseen!

On an early November morning, in the agricultural fields south of San Diego, I stood at the start line of a track with my Boxer, Huckleberry.  To calm my nerves, I decided to equate following Huckleberry over paths unknown to what it might feel like to follow God’s will. After all, when you track a dog, the dog is completely in charge only he knows how to use his nose to follow the track. Only he knows where he is leading you!

The Lord has a sense of humor. Since I was willing to experience how it felt to follow His will, He graciously included some of the stages one goes through as they attempt to discern His will…

Once Huckleberry picked up the scent of the track, my confidence surged. As he gained momentum, I found it more difficult to keep up, even though I had a firm hold of his 30-foot tracking line. As one turn led to another, I worried Huck might track us over the Mexican border. J J  When it took more time than I expected, I questioned the Lord as to how much longer would it be. Eventually the track did end … another 110 yards away! We passed the test and Huckleberry got his Tracking Dog Title.

Blindly following my dog over paths unknown and having to fully trust in the direction he was taking me was a powerful experience in learning what it truly felt like to follow and trust God’s will.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.  (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)

Faithfully trust in God’s will - and He will certainly direct your paths!

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment