Thursday, February 15, 2018

A little truth goes a long way!


Why did you do that? Because he did this. But why did you say that? Because he said this. And so the crazy cycle continues and soon we don’t even remember where the original conflict began.
Welcome to Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Thursday’s Trench Truth with Trench Classes United.
If we are honest with ourselves, it’s really hard to hear the truth about ourselves, let alone swallow it and allow it to change us.  But why is it so hard to accept, digest and live by? Perhaps it’s the way it’s served.
I was having this very meaningful conversation with someone the other day and I felt like there was an invitation to get in their car so to speak, and all of a sudden, after explaining what I was seeing in their life, they kicked me out with these words: “How did this conversation suddenly shift to everything I’m doing wrong?”
I was stunned at the sudden boot which felt like a bucket of cold water on my face. I held up my arms as if to surrender, my eyes reeling from the quick ejection and just said, “I’m so sorry; that wasn’t my intent, it truly wasn’t.”
Silence followed for what felt like an eternity while we both sat there.
“Maybe it’s just really hard to hear the truth, Kim,” they said, pulling the wall of sad silence down and off to the side.
I sat there.
“It’s like you’re in my head.”
As quick as the wall had shot up dividing us each on our own side, it came down with this confession. But it would have stayed if I had reacted to their sudden outburst, or it could have been thicker if I had kept pounding more truth into them.
I’m so grateful that God wastes nothing and from this conversation I was able to learn that a little truth goes a long way.
Father, help me to know when to begin…and end.
Truthfully,
Evinda



No comments:

Post a Comment