Wednesday, February 28, 2018

God doesn’t allow a trial without directions to the answer! EL


I couldn’t find my way out of a paper bag, or a cardboard box, which is why I need explicit defining directions and instructions and not just in driving! 
Thanks for joining me for Coffee Hour with Chicklit Power and Wednesday’s Word with Trench Classes United.
I so appreciate having GPS in my car because it’s proven over and over again it will get me to where I need to go…almost alwaysJ But driving is not the only area of life that I need specific defining directions and instructions in. In my sociology class, we have a Signature project coming up and I’ve been feeling like I’m literally drowning in information. My brain is having a hard time not getting swept away and allowing the information to settle in like the sand of the ocean floor. The first part of the project is due this weekend, and I do not have a starting point! I know what I want to talk about but I have no idea where to start, and I can’t write about it like I write a blog or a book. L It’s like being lost and needing to find my way.
I reached out to my professor, confessing my ignorance while pleading my case of needing a starting point, some sort of direction. I waited…trying not to dwell on feeling lost.
I used to feel that way when I would listen to others share the Word of God with such specificity. I wondered, how in the world do they do that? It’s such a huge book filled with so much information…until I opened it and began by dipping the feet of my heart in, a little at a time and now, just as with anything, there is more of a jumping in with an eagerness to learn and receive what He wants to lovingly teach me.
While waiting for the response from my professor, I read Philippians 4:4-7 and James 1:1-4, which speak to our response to challenges of any kind. Both Paul and James remind us to relax in the trial or trouble because everything’s gonna be all right, (paraphrased) and you and me, well, we’re going to be made stronger for it, stronger in faith, and another benefit, the flame of hope within us will not be blown out.
Paul tells us to not be anxious about anything, but he doesn’t leave it right there. He gives us direction on how to do that: but in everything, our response is to pray, just talk it out with God. Stay there in the conversation; don’t walk away until your heart is filled with the knowledge of hope in Christ.
See, God doesn’t allow a trial without directions to the answer.
Speaking of an answer, the next day, after reading these passages, I received a response from my professor:  Chillax! You will be okay. Try to relax and benefit from the process as opposed to stressing the hell out about it :-)
Hmmm, benefit from the trial, the challenge. I wonder if he had any idea how God used him to confirm the answer to my dilemma!
Anything means everything, including: relationships, finances, health…and my signature assignment.
Oh that we would be able to do as James, Paul and my professor stated: relax and chillax, learning from the journey.
Chillaxing…

Evinda

No comments:

Post a Comment