Monday, February 19, 2018

We receive only as much as we believe!





I feel like a slacker when I watch the Olympics. The physical exertion and laser focus of an Olympic athlete boggles my mind. I worked toward the dream of becoming an Olympic athlete when I was a competitive diver in high school and college. As I watched the experienced divers flawlessly execute dives from the 10-meter platform, I would think, “Wow, if I could do that!”

Welcome to Coffee Hour at Chicklit Power with Megan’s Monday Mantra and Trench Classes United.

In Mark 9:23 Jesus says, “If you can?” “Everything is possible to the one who believes.”

Had I evoked this scripture back in my diving days, things might have turned out differently, but that is unlikely. The above scripture does not mean if you believe you will win a gold medal, you will. It means through your faith in Jesus Christ, you are empowered to accomplish things you never dreamed possible–IF you can believe all things are possible through Him. 

The amount of God’s grace in our lives is measured by the amount of our faith in Him. We receive the same amount of peace, hope, wisdom, and courage as we have faith.  We are able to receive only as much as we are able to believe.

The Toyota Corporation introduced its new slogan during the 2018 Winter Olympics. I find the Olympics the perfect venue for its release. Their new slogan is:  “Start Your Impossible”

If you can believe all things are possible through Jesus Christ, impossible becomes possible.

Your comments are always most welcome.

Lovingly in Christ,
Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment